Friday, July 11, 2008

My iPhone on a Cloud

I’ve been seeking therapy because of my onset depression caused by the release of the new iPhone today, and my inability to get it due to contractual obligations with the Sprint monster. Until I come up with a way to weasel myself out of said contract, I have been exploring some internal aspects of myself with said therapist.

As I’ve been having a particularly bad day today for obvious reasons, the therapist suggested I write my feelings down on a piece of paper, maybe in poem or letter form, he said. Ergo, I have chosen to write my feelings in lyric form, to the tune of Cozette’s “Castle on a Cloud” from Les Miserables. (This exercise has had little to no effect on my depression.)

iPhone on a Cloud

There is an iPhone on a cloud.
I dream about it in my sleep.
Multiple features for me to peep.
Using my iPhone on a cloud.

There is a phone that’s full of joy.
It browses the internet in 3G.
The volume’s not soft or not too loud.
Not on my iPhone on a cloud.

[Bridge]
There is a phone, bold and bright.
As an iPod, it plays me a lullaby.
It’s sleek to see and responds to touch.
It says, “Drewesque….I love you very much.”

There is a phone I wish I had,
It is a phone that makes me smile.
Smiling all the time is now allowed.
Using my iPhone on a cloud.


(If you're unfamiliar or otherwise having difficulty placing the tune, please see below.)


2 comments:

Silverthornes said...

I just want to pinch your cheek right now and then hold you and tell you everything is going to be all right.

jasien said...

depressing? Look what a masterpiece you have created? You are this generations Monet, or is it Monat, or maybe you prefer mayonnaise?