Monday, October 13, 2008

Monday, October 13, 2008



It's amazing how much more effortless walking/jogging is now that I haven't smoked in a week. I'm surprised with how responsive my lungs have been after the cessation. I figured they wouldn't be so quick to forgive after nine years of abuse.

Decided to go beyond the bounds of the immediate neighborhood that used to confine me on my walks. I crossed over Glenwood down to 2nd St and went all the way up to Roseland Blvd past Broadway.

The scenery in some of these neighborhoods is worth the walk, in and of itself. Some of the most gorgeous houses I've ever seen. Down by Bergeld Park and across Roseland Blvd at 6:45 AM is really brilliant. I enjoy watching the stoplights reflect off the street pavement.

It's exhilarating.

Total trip was only about 2.6 miles. I want to get up to at least 4.0 before week's end.

2 comments:

Caleb said...

Completely agree Drew. The beautiful houses and landscaping are two of the reasons we started making the Azalea Trail a family tradition each spring.

Silverthornes said...

sounds so much fun! thanks for sharing - I am proud of ya bro.