Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Tuesday, October 14, 2008




I love being in the heart of the city between 6 AM and 7 AM. I get to see this gigantic being beginning to breathe and stir; beginning to show signs of life. Cars just revving up. Faded traffic noises in the distance. School bus brakes squealing. All of a sudden it is up for the day.

Trip today was just over 3.5 miles. After I crossed over Broadway, back down Roseland Blvd., I took 6th street east all the way to Beckham. I came back down 8th and up beside the Brookshire's on the corner of 8th and Roseland. People already going about their errands.

When I got back down to the corner of Talley and 7th, the corner of Birdwell Elementary, a Tyler City Marshall pulled up beside me and commented on Mabel (Annette's Great Dane that we have temporary custody of), "...that sure is a small dog!" I almost said, "Thanks, Roscoe!" but thought better of it.

No comments: